Special Events

Are you, or your organization, planning a festival, parade, 5K run, or other special event that involves city property or closing public roads? A special event permit is required. 

Here is the link to a Special Event Application Form 

For more information email Jennifer Nanek, City Clerk or call 863-678-4182, ext. 1254.


  • We request advance notice of at least 45 days.
  • If a road needs to be closed, the event must be approved by the City Commission.
  • Forms must be signed by the head of the organization such as the President, Director, etc.
  • A copy of your Liability Insurance Certificate must be provided 1 week before the event.
  • A map of the route or site plan of your event is required.
  • Tents larger that 120 square feet require a tent permit. Tent Permit Application 
  • New events that require staff time from the Police or Streets Departments must have their costs covered.