- Academic OneFile 1980-Current: Academic OneFile is the premier source for peer-reviewed, full-text articles from the world's leading journals and reference sources. With extensive coverage of the physical sciences, technology, medicine, social sciences, the arts, theology, literature and other subjects, Academic OneFile is both authoritative and comprehensive. With millions of articles available in both PDF and HTML full-text with no restrictions, researchers are able to find accurate information quickly. Includes full-text coverage of the New York Times back to 1995. Updated daily.
- Agriculture Collection Current: With broad coverage of agriculture and its related fields, this collection provides a comprehensive view of this growing body of knowledge. Comprised of nearly 200 titles, researchers will have access to current and authoritative content that spans the industry -- from practical aspects of farming to cutting edge scientific research in horticulture.
- Ancestry.com (accessible only from PCLC libraries): With more than 10 billion historical records, ancestry.com has been the worlds largest online resource for family history for the last 20 years, and contains handwritten historical documents, information from national, state, and local government archives,historical societies, religious institutions, and private collections. Members have created more than 38 million family trees and uploaded over 136 million photos, documents. and written stories to the database.
- AutoMate: Opens a New Window. AutoMate DIY Auto Repair from EBSCO contains repair and maintenance information on most major manufacturers of domestic and imported vehicles. New repair procedures, TSBs and updates are added to the product on a regular basis. All of the content in AutoMate has been created by ASE certified technicians. Repair/maintenance information is provided for:
- Diesel Engines
- Electrical systems
- Exhaust systems
- Ignition systems
- Books and Authors: Books and Authors offers new ways to explore the endless possibilities and combinations of books, authors, genres and topics. Combining over 140,000 titles, 50,000 authors, and thousands of read-alike, award winner and librarian's favorites lists, Books and Authors helps bring readers and literature together. Through the use of expertly written and arranged content and a dynamic, cutting edge user interface, Books and Authors makes exploration of genre fiction and essential non-fiction fun! By leveraging our entire award-winning What Do I Read Next? collection, patrons and students alike can be sure that their next big read comes with a BIG recommendation.
- Business Economics and Theory Collection: Perform in-depth research on management issues, economic indicators and business theories and practices, as well as on the activities of companies and industries worldwide. Instant access to academic and business journals with full text and images.
- Career Transitions: The new Career Transitions provides hands-on guidance and immediate access to key job search activities.
- Job-Seeking: multi-faceted job searching and related activities for creating resumes and cover letters, applying and preparing for interviews
- Career Exploration: discovering career interests; identifying new opportunities based on work or military experience; exploring growing career paths, including green and new economy jobs; and finding education and training
- Communications and Mass Media Collection Current: From marketing professionals to students studying for advanced degrees in linguistic theory, this collection provides current and accurate information from more than 100 journals focused on all aspects of the communications field. Key subjects covered include: advertising and public relations, literature and writing, linguistics, and many more.
- Computer Database 1980-Current: Use this database to find computer-related product introductions, news and reviews in areas such as hardware, software, electronics, engineering, communications and the application of technology.
- Criminal Justice Collection Current: Whether studying to become a lawyer or law enforcement officer, paralegal, or for a career in Homeland Security, this collection rises to the challenge. Users will have access to 150 journals.
- Culinary Arts Collection Current: The Culinary Arts collection includes 150 of the major cooking and nutrition magazines. Coverage includes thousands of searchable recipes, restaurant reviews, and industry information.
- Current Biography: Current Biography Illustrated offers the content of the printed monthly magazine Current Biography, produced by the H.W. Wilson Company, in searchable, electronic format. Readers will be able to find accurate, up-to-date biographies drawing information from newspaper articles, magazine articles, and books. Students and patrons can search by name, profession, place of origin, gender, ethnicity, birth/death dates, titles of works and key words for more than 25,000 articles and obituaries. In addition, profiles maintained in this database feature more than 19,500 images, and offer the subject's own views, attitudes, and commentary as well as the commentaries of other journalists and colleagues.
- Demographics Now: Looking for demographic information? Perhaps you need to map a location or find 2010 U.S. Census information? Demographics Now allows you to access summary data and advanced maps of anywhere in the U.S.
- Diversity Studies Collection: A must-have for social science, history and liberal arts coursework, this collection explores cultural differences, contributions and influences in our global community. This set includes more than 150 journals.
- Driving Tests: Prepare to get behind the wheel in the Sunshine State with these Florida DMV practice tests, perfect if you’re preparing for the Class E Learner's License test, driver’s license test, or senior citizens’ refresher test. The written part of those tests at all Florida DMV locations is the same.
- Educator's Reference Complete 1980-Current: Educator's Reference Complete is a selection of more than 450 full-text academic journals, hundreds of full-text reports, and many premier reference sources. Included content focuses on educational principles, child development and psychology, and best practices in education. Majority of the full-text titles included are also found in the ERIC database. The database is updated daily and provides 24-hour access from school or home.
- Environmental Studies and Policy Collection Current: A collection of over 800 journals and 6 subject specific Delmar reference titles provide robust coverage of environmental issues and policies, including diverse perspectives from the scientific community, governmental policy makers, as well as corporate interests.
- Expanded Academic ASAP 1980-Current: From arts and the humanities to social sciences, science and technology, this database meets research needs across all academic disciplines. Access scholarly journals, news magazines, and newspapers - many with full text and images!
- Fine Arts and Music Collection Current: With more than 100 full-text magazines and journals covered in databases such as the Wilson Art Index and RILM, this collection will provide your students with resources to support research in areas such as drama, music, art history, and filmmaking.
- Florida Database: View full-text journals with a focus on the State of Florida.
- Florida Electronic Library: Portal to digital collections about Florida for students, research scholars and consumers. FAQ, live chat with a librarian.
- Fold 3: The web's premier collection of original military records.
- Gale Courses: Gale Courses deliver hundreds of engaging, instructor-led online courses focused on professional development, technology skills, and personal enrichment to transform lives and foster positive changes in your community. Six-week long courses are taught by college instructors and experts in
the field, ensuring a high-quality, high-impact educational experience
for all ages. Check out the course catalog. With Gale Courses, your library can become the most
essential, lifelong-learning institution in your community. Gale Courses are tied to the Bureau of Labor Statistics fastest-growing occupations and include:
- Courses to support business professionals, such as business law, human resources, management, manufacturing, and marketing
- Computer and technology courses that suit skill levels from beginner to advanced
- Courses in parenting, the arts, hobbies
- A multitude of health and wellness offerings
- General Reference Center Gold: General Reference Center Gold is a database of encyclopedias and specialized reference sources for multidisciplinary research. These reference materials once were accessible only in the library, but now you can access them online from the library or remotely 24/7. Because each library creates its own eBook collection, the content you see may vary if you use the database at different libraries (your school, your public library, or your office).
- Gardening, Landscape, and Horticulture Collection Current: Farmers, landscape architects, and biotechnologists alike will have their information appetites sated with this collection of nearly 50 journals focused specifically on key issues in gardening, landscaping, and other areas of horticulture. A fertile and growing collection, this collection includes content relating to both the practical aspects as well as the scientific theory of horticulture studies.
- Gender Studies Collection: This collection of journals aims to provide balanced coverage of this significant aspect of our culture, covering such topics as gender studies, family and marital issues, health aspects, and many more.
- General Reference Center Gold 1980-Current: A general interest database that integrates a variety of sources - newspapers, reference books, magazines, and trade publications. Find articles on current events, popular culture, business and industry trends, the arts and sciences, sports, hobbies, and more.
- General Science Collection: A collection of over 1,000 peer-reviewed journals, providing researchers with the information needed to stay current on the latest scientific developments.
- Health and Wellness Resource Center and Alternative Health Module 1980-Current: Provides instant access to carefully compiled and trusted medical reference materials. Includes nearly 400 health/medical journals, hundreds of pamphlets, over 700 health-related videos from partner Healthology, Inc., and articles from 2,200 general interest publications in addition to a broad collection of Gale reference titles. Material contained in this Resource Center is intended for informational purposes only.
- Health Reference Center Academic 1980-Current: Multi-source database provides access to the full text of nursing and allied health journals, plus the wide variety of personal health information sources in InfoTrac's award-winning Health Reference Center. All in a single, easy-to-use database, the material contained in this database is intended for informational purposes only.
- Heritage Quest: HeritageQuest Online is a comprehensive treasury of American genealogical sources rich in unique primary sources, local and family histories, and finding aids.
- Home Improvement Collection Current: Even the smallest home improvement project can be daunting: with this collection of nearly 100 home improvement focused titles, hobbyists and professional carpenters alike will immediately put their projects on a more solid foundation. Coverage includes such topics as architectural techniques, tool and material selection, zoning requirements, and many more.
- Home Improvement Reference Center Current: Home Improvement Reference Center is the definitive online resource for home improvement assistance. Through a collection of comprehensive full-text content, this database provides users with detailed, user-friendly how-to information covering all manner of home improvement projects.
- Hospitality, Tourism, and Leisure Collection Current: With current and relevant content from over 500 industry journals, this collection provides well-rounded coverage of both the historical and current state of affairs in the hospitality and tourism field, while also allowing for focused study of specialized aspects of the industry - including cultural aspects of travel, leisure activities, economic aspects of tourism, and more.
- Information Science and Library Issues Collection: This collection, comprised of content from more than 100 leading industry journals, provides current and accurate information for this fast-moving field. Information professionals and other knowledge workers - from the research specialist to the information architect - will find appropriate and useful information in their areas of expertise, including such topics as information infrastructure, data processing techniques, metadata architectures, and more.
- Informe 1994-Corriente: Una coleccion de revistas Hispanicas con textos completos. Abarca negocios, salud, tecnologna, cultura, temas de actualidad y otras materias.
- Insurance and Liability Collection: Protection of assets is a concern for all: from the individual property owner to the multinational corporation, all have a vested interest in ensuring the retention of their assets, be it physical or intellectual. This collection, of journals, takes a broad view of this multimillion dollar industry, covering such topics as labor relations, mortgage banking, legal issues, and more.
- Junior Edition 2009-Current: Now with over 330 titles, cross searchable with E-Books, this periodical database is designed for students in junior high and middle school with access to a variety of indexed and full-text magazines, newspapers and reference books for information on current events, the arts, science, popular culture, health, people, government, history, sports and more.
- Junior Edition - K12: Now with over 330 titles, cross searchable with E-Books, this periodical database is designed for students in junior high and middle school with access to a variety of indexed and full-text magazines, newspapers and reference books for information on current events, the arts, science, popular culture, health, people, government, history, sports, and more.
- Junior Reference Collection: Junior Reference Collection offers easy access to award-winning content from the acclaimed Gale U*X*L product line. Covering the core curriculum areas, including history, literature, science, social studies, and more, JRC provides a premium selection of reference, primary sources, and multimedia content, including audio and video clips and more than 7,400 photographs. New to the database are popular topic pick lists and an integrated national and state curriculum standards search with content correlated to the standards. For middle schools only.
- Kahn Academy: Khan Academy is an organization on a mission. We're a not-for-profit with the goal of changing education for the better by providing a free world-class education for anyone anywhere. All of the site's resources are available to anyone. It doesn't matter if you are a student, teacher, home-schooler, principal, adult returning to the classroom after 20 years, or a friendly alien just trying to get a leg up in earthly biology. Khan Academy's materials and resources are available to you completely free of charge.
- Kid's Edition - K12: Formerly PrimaryTOM, this periodical database with almost 125 titles, is designed for elementary school students, with easy access to full-text magazines, from publishers such as Cobblestones and Scholastic and Time, newspapers and reference books for information on current events, the arts, science, popular culture, health, people, government, history, sports and more.
- Kids InfoBits Current: Kids InfoBits is a database developed especially for beginning researchers in Kindergarten through Grade 5. Featuring a developmentally appropriate, visually graphic interface, the most popular search method is moving from a broad subject to a narrower topic using the subject-based topic tree. The curriculum-related, age appropriate, full-text content is from the best elementary reference sources and magazines. This database covers geography, current events, the arts, science, health, people, government, history, sports and more.
- Legal Forms: Gale welcomes you to the most extensive free forms site available to library patrons. Thousands of legal forms available with more forms being added daily. Official, State Specific, Federal, Business, Personal, Real Estate and General forms covering hundreds of legal subjects and issues.
- LitFinder: Covering world literature and authors throughout history, LitFinder contains a wealth of literary works including over 150,000 full-text poems and 800,000 plus poetry citations, as well as short stories, speeches, and plays. For students or patrons seeking a deeper view into literature, LitFinder also includes secondary materials like biographies, images, and more! From Shakespeare's sonnets to poems by Donald Hall or short stories from Edgar Allan Poe to works by Annie Proulx, LitFinder has you covered.
- Military and Intelligence Database: Both the historian and reporter on the frontline will find useful information in this collection, composed of content from over 400 journals, which covers all aspects of the past and current state of military affairs. Key subjects covered include: socioeconomic effects of war, governmental policies, the structure of armed forces, and many more.
- NextReads: NextReads is an e-newsletter tool that empowers libraries to promote reading as well as their programs and events.
- NoveList Plus: NoveList, the complete readers' advisory solution, empowers librarians, engages readers, and connects communities.
- Novelist K-8 Plus: Engage your younger readers and encourage reading success! NoveList K-8 Plus helps parents, teachers, and librarians improve literacy, connect reading across curricular areas, teach reading and writing concepts, and engage young readers.
- Nursing and Allied Health Collection Current: All aspects of the Nursing profession - from direct patient care to health care administration - are covered in this collection. Including nearly 400 titles, this collection's current and authoritative content will be of use to both professionals already working in the field as well as students pursuing a nursing-focused curriculum.
- Physical Therapy and Sports Medicine Collection: Both researcher and practitioner alike will find relevant, authoritative content in this collection, which includes over 100 titles covering the fields of physical therapy and sports medicine. Covering a wide spectrum of information, researchers will have access to a diverse, but focused set of topics in the field, including proven treatment techniques, experimental research theses, and many more.
- Polk County Historical and Genealogical Library Links: Browse links to many resourceful genealogical websites provided by the Polk County Historical and Genealogical Library.
- Pop Culture Collection: It's all around us and influences our lives every day. This collection provides useful information for any researcher in a social science, history, art or liberal arts course. This collection is made up of more than 100 subject-appropriate full-text periodicals.
- Popular Magazines Current: Popular Magazines includes more than 1,000 of the most searched magazines across our InfoTrac products. All the titles were selected based on actual publication searches performed by library patrons. This database is 100% full text and includes over 600 titles recommended by Bowker's "Magazines for Libraries."
- Psychology Collection Current: This set explores what makes people "tick" from childhood to death. This collection gives individuals a basic understanding of the study of the mind, emotions and how the human mind develops -- and diminishes -- over time. Your library's users will have instant access to 200 subject-appropriate full-text periodicals.
- Salem History: Milestone documents and information in American and world history. Available titles include:
- 50 States
- Careers in Communications and Media
- Careers in Healthcare
- Contemporary Biographies in Chemistry
- Contemporary Biographies in Physics
- Decades in America
- Encyclopedia of Mathematics and Society
- Great Events from History
- Great Lives from History
- Computer Technology Innovators
- Internet Innovators
- Milestone Documents
- Weapons and Warfare
- Salem Literature: Salem Literature is a robust online database that includes the complete content of printed reference sets.
- Small Business Collection: Perfect for business schools and entrepreneurs, this compilation provides insights, tips, strategies and success stories. Users will find hundreds of full text subject-appropriate periodicals.
- Small Business Resource Center Current: Search this database to learn how to start, finance or manage your small business. Resources include sample business plans, how to guides, articles and websites.
- Sources in U.S. History Online: The Civil War December, 2011: Sources in U.S. History Online is a series of archival digital collections intended for public library patrons as well as high school, community college, and university students. The Civil War digital collection contains nearly 500 significant documents of the time--personal narratives, monographs, regimental histories, collected essays, sermons, songs, legal tracts, and political speeches--enabling students, faculty and patrons to study one of the key events in American history.
- Student Edition - K12: Now with over 1100 titles, cross searchable with E-Books, this periodical database is designed for high-school students with access to a variety of indexed and full-text magazines, newspapers, podcasts, and reference books for information on current events, the arts, science, popular culture, health, people, government, history, sports and more.
- U.S. History Collection: As any historian will state, the study of history is as much about the present as the past: to that end, this collection provides well-rounded coverage of both the current thinking and events in US History, as well as scholarly work being established in the field. This compilation of journals provides robust and balanced coverage of this field, useful both to the novice historian as well as to the advanced academic researcher.
- Vocations and Careers Collection: Finding the right career can be a daunting and high stakes task: finding an appropriate institution of learning, job searching, and maintaining a career are all topics covered by this collection, providing current and applicable content for all vocational milestones. Offering content from nearly 400 journals, this collection provides content from general career guides to highly specialized industry journals.
- War and Terrorism Collection: A definitive periodical collection of hand selected titles for analysts, risk management professionals and students of military science, history, social science.
- World History Collection: As any historian will state, the study of history is as much about the present as the past: to that end, this collection provides well-rounded coverage of both the current thinking and events in World History, as well as scholarly work being established in the field. This compilation of journals provides robust and balanced coverage of this field, useful both to the novice historian as well as to the advanced academic researcher.